The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) at the U.S. Department of Labor has developed lists of technical assistance resources to help state and local workforce leaders, youth program practitioners, stakeholders and partners get prepared to successfully implement a high-quality summer youth employment programs. This page focuses on engaging organizations and persons, internal and external, to help execute the mission of your programs.
Youth Engagement: Youth are our primary customers; what strategies can we use to help our participants actively engaged in our programs.
- SAMSHA Youth Engagement Guide
- Game Plan for Engaging Youth
- Resources for Recruitment, Retention, and Engagement
- Resources or Engaging Diverse Populations
Parent/Family Engagement: Developing strategies to engage parents and families with your program early can aid in retention and the success of a young person in their academics and employment.
Partnership Engagement: Partners are pieces of the puzzle which provide additional opportunities and resources for your programs; finding strategies to connect to them and keep them are critical.
- Marketing to Engage and Retain Partners and Participants
- Strategies for Recruitment and Community Outreach
- Creative Strategies for Recruitment and Community Outreach
- Building Lasting Partnerships Presentation
- Resources to Build a More Complete Picture of Your Labor Market
- Community Engagement Toolkit
Staff Engagement: Retaining staff is fundamental; keeping them involved and in line with the mission is key.
Employer Engagement: Effective employer engagement can be integral to the design, sustainability, and success of your program and is intended to benefit both parties.
- The Business Engagement Collaborative Community of Practice
- Employer Engagement Handbook
- Employer Engagement: Keep Them Close!
- Post-Program Placement e-Learning Series: Employer Partnerships
- Paid and Unpaid Work Experiences
- Partnering with Employers Program Manual
- Partnerships: Tapping the Power of Employers
- A Resource Guide to Engaging Employers